AGM - Nominations for Committee 2016/17

Important Announcements are found here!
Stefan Webster

AGM - Nominations for Committee 2016/17

Postby Stefan Webster » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:57 pm

On Tuesday 22nd March, UBKC will hold its AGM in the Munrow lecture theatre. There will be a quick run through of this years goings on but most importantly we will be electing next years committee who will lead the club for the 2016/17 academic year.

If you attended the pre-AGM then you would have found out what each of the committee positions entail but if you missed i will summarise the positions below. If you want to know more, i'm sure the people below won't mind being contacted.

- President - Myself (must be a current student): responsible and accountable for the running of the club, point of contact for new members and UoB Sport, arranges and holds committee meetings, sorts out any problems that arise
- Secretary - Rebekah Lapham (must be a current student): does all of the emailing, form filling in and general jobs, can be responsible for website and FB page, takes meeting minutes
- Treasurer - Cameron Horn (must be a current student): responsible for all things money: budget making/spending, taking and distributing money for trips and socials, securing sponsorship
- Polo Rep - Connor Brasnell: all things polo: organisations of competitions and polo events, Friday's pool session, canal training, advising of polo kit buying, ordering rash vests
- Rivers Rep - Connor McCoy: organising weekend river trips and all that goes with that, advising of river kit buying
- GIMP - Bruce: fixing of broken kit, maintaining upkeep of the shed, doing inventories, advising on kit buying
- Social Sec (two positions available) - Rosamund Greiner and Miska Butorova: organising and running of all club socials

Due to the removal of the Events role a year ago, the organisation of larger club trips (eg Teifi, NSR and Alps) is not allocated to a particular committee member. This year, these events have been organised by a few committee members working together. As part of your role in the committee you will participate in general running of the club, such as organisation of sports fair, running of pool sessions etc.

Being on the committee is hugely rewarding, fun and social. You will develop skills that all employers are looking for when applying for internships/jobs/being an adult comes around. It will take some of your spare time up but won't affect doing your degree at all.

If you would like to run for a committee position (can nominate yourself for more than one but can only do one role) then please post on this thread what role(s) you would like to run for by Tuesday 15th March. It will then by seconded in a great tradition which i do not understand. Then on Tuesday 22nd March we will hold the AGM where we ask you to make a short speech to as why you ran for the position/what makes you a good candidate/any plans or ideas for the coming year.

Feel free to correct/comment with sarcastic remarks about my poor English and grammar and get nominating and seconding (only once please) people!

Beckah

Re: AGM - Nominations for Committee 2016/17

Postby Beckah » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Id like to run for gimp and/or secretary pls

Telescope

Postby Telescope » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:10 am

I would like to run for president please.

Cameron

Postby Cameron » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:34 pm

Telescope wrote:I would like to run for president please.

Seconded

Cameron

Postby Cameron » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:34 pm

Beckah wrote:Id like to run for gimp and/or secretary pls

Seconded

bethywragg

Postby bethywragg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:44 pm

I'd like to run for social sec please :)

KosiRuth

Postby KosiRuth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:45 pm

bethywragg wrote:I'd like to run for social sec please :)

Seconded :D

Pencil King

Postby Pencil King » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:18 pm

I'd like to run for rivers rep please
Only Hammers

:D iego

Postby :D iego » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:23 pm

I nominate myself for GIMP :!:

I second TK Fitzgerald for Rivers Rep 8-)
Diego Perez ties his shoelace using only his toes.
Diego Perez doesn't make left turns because everything he does is right.
Diego Perez counted to infinity - twice.
Chuck Norris is just one of the tools in Diego Perez' swiss army knife.

edearsly

Postby edearsly » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:28 pm

Would like to run for social sec! And I second diego
SWIMMING ON RIVERS SINCE 2015!!!